You say when I’m depressed, I just listen to music
Sounds and frequencies are my addiction and I abuse it
How should I explain this? I like the melodies and cadence
Chords, verses, the chorus, and notation
This is facts, it’s a bunch of distraction
I hope you understand
-S O L A C E for the Melancholy Soul (@TheIntrovertedSoul on Facebook)
I thought about the explanations you said the other day
And they just stuck with me until the next and another day
This is a modest apology to the girls who I fell out with
To the other girls who I didn’t have the guts to go out with
Not seeing the best version of me, always invested in being perfect
Going through the motions without goals or a purpose
Never letting go or forgiving myself
My expectations were too high, I was reaching for the top shelf
To my friends who told me I had a gift with the pen
And the fork on the roads I didn’t take and instead, took dead ends
I’m truly sorry, I mean it!
- S O L A C E for the Melancholy Soul (@TheIntrovertedSoul on Facebook)
Thank you to all my followers! It’s a pleasure writing for you all. I promise more content. Stay tuned!
Not gonna front today now
But I think of you when ’80s music plays loud
Spotify got me in a different mindset
Back in 2010, a time I won’t forget
Ironically, the time that we met
I was in a declining mood, but you lifted it
So thank you, miss, I appreciate it
Believe that I mean it
-S O L A C E for the Melancholy Soul on Facebook (@TheIntrovertedSoul)
“It’s 4 AM and I can’t sleep
And when I can’t sleep, I don’t dream
And when I don’t dream, I lose my mind
And when I lose my mind, I’m at a loss for time
Out of the window, I stare at the moon
And question if it’s the same moon you stare at, too
Insomnia makes my mind all pensive and antsy
While I view through the looking glass until I can’t see
I glance at the girl of my dreams, at least I believe it’s her
But she disappears and turns invisible like Chesire
I have to add that I’m becoming as mad as a hatter
Scattered thoughts on the ground and I attempt to gather
I’m wandering with Alice in a land full of wonder
Going down a rabbit hole while I wish for slumber
Going down a hole, another
Going down a hole, another
This must be a dream within a dream
Inception got me believing
They say I’m woke, but no
I’m still sleeping… Zzzzz”
@SolaceSoulPoet on Instagram
“There’s no debate, you’ve got expensive tastes
I just wait until my pensive thoughts elevate
To better times, so I can deliver cohesive lines
To further my underlying advances ’til she is mine
Not like that she’s a game prize, rather she’s the apple of my eye
The core reason why I wake up smiling in the morning
My favorite place on Earth? Why, it’s close by you, of course!”
– S O L A C E for the Melancholy Soul
The maid cafe (Arcane Cafe) was probably the highlight of Anime Impulse 2016. Arcane Cafe has the cutest maids this west side of Mississippi (Just kidding, I can’t claim that for sure, that should be their hook though). There were 4 people hanging out with a maid. It was a chill environment. The food and drink was pretty good. I had strawberry cake, a latte, and Bawls energy drink.
We played Jenga (Which I’m horrible at), Cards Against Humanity, and sang karaoke (John Legend and Frank Sinatra). I lost at Jenga so I had to do an embarrassing dance in front of everyone. Cards Against Humanity was too funny because most of us have a twisted sense of humor, lol.
After playing, we sang “Hotline Bling” by Drake to another table. Their reaction was awesome, haha. Then we played Counter-Strike (I’m not very good at this game) and League of Legends (ARAM mode) on their latest gaming computers.
All in all, I made friends (the party). If you were thinking of going to a maid cafe, I’d recommend it. It was a blast!
- Squad pic with new con friends and Maid Lulu ^_^
Whether it’s League of Legends, Valorant, Overwatch, Fortnite, Call of Duty, or some type of hardcore fighting game, I can help you get out of a slump! c:
What exactly does “tilt” mean? Tilt was originally a poker term for being in an “overly emotional state where you make less than optimal decisions.” This can be caused by bad beats (poker hands you thought you were about to win, but got outplayed in the end) or failing a bluff. Nowadays, it can be applied to anything competitive against people.
- Listen to music. Lo-fi hip-hop, electro, or anything instrumental are my favorite, so I don’t have the lyrics distracting me. If you are a complete music lover like me, I would describe that I would get “in the zone.” The Psychology term is “flow.”
- Go on Discord, Zoom, League Chat, or another voice chat with friends. If your friends are good-natured and amicable, they can pick you off the ground when you’re feeling low and reassure you. Connect with people! From an evolutionary standpoint, we are social beings.
- Relax and take more frequent breaks in between games. Sit in the lobby longer and don’t queue up right away. Breathe, my friend. Your mind tends to go on “auto-pilot” during extended gaming sessions. Your brain can typically focus doing 1 task for 50-60 mins until it wanders more and more frequently. Look up the “Pomodoro Effect” if you’re interested in this phenomenon.
- Play another game of a different genre. Look up the “Casual” and “Relaxing” tags for Steam games. I like playing simple puzzle games like Match-3. Bejeweled 3 actually has a mode called “Zen” where you basically unwind from stress and play to soothing binaural beats. I also like playing Animal Crossing, since I can just forget the world for a bit and do my calming daily tasks.
- Mindfulness and awareness. Acknowledge the fact you are on “tilt.” Admit you have a problem. Ok, that sounds like the Alcoholic Anonymous 12-Step Program, but you know what I mean, haha (Nothing wrong with recovery). That’s the first step to fixing a problem. Stop whatever you are doing, take a step back, observe the situation, and then proceed mindfully (a DBT Psychology skill).
- Practice another one of your hobbies. Exercising, reading, gardening, drawing, meditating, and playing a musical instrument are all totally good stress relieving activities!
- Listen up, this is sort of a big one and a hard pill to swallow. *Accept* that some games are out of your control, especially if it’s loot-based like Fortnite or Random Number Generated (RNG) like Hearthstone. Also, sometimes you just get queued up with bad-mannered or unskilled teammates. The chances are equal for the other team to have bad teammates as you, believe it or not. At this point, I would distance myself, analyze the problem, and create a solution. If all else fails, simply take a break. Sorry! The odds are sadly, aren’t in your favor </SubtleHungerGamesReference>
Keep keeping on, Gamers! I’m rooting for you guys. 😀
Fellow bloggers, how do *you* get out of tilt? Let me know and leave a comment!