The maid cafe (Arcane Cafe) was probably the highlight of Anime Impulse 2016. Arcane Cafe has the cutest maids this west side of Mississippi (Just kidding, I can’t claim that for sure, that should be their hook though). There were 4 people hanging out with a maid. It was a chill environment. The food and drink was pretty good. I had strawberry cake, a latte, and Bawls energy drink.
We played Jenga (Which I’m horrible at), Cards Against Humanity, and sang karaoke (John Legend and Frank Sinatra). I lost at Jenga so I had to do an embarrassing dance in front of everyone. Cards Against Humanity was too funny because most of us have a twisted sense of humor, lol.
After playing, we sang “Hotline Bling” by Drake to another table. Their reaction was awesome, haha. Then we played Counter-Strike (I’m not very good at this game) and League of Legends (ARAM mode) on their latest gaming computers.
All in all, I made friends (the party). If you were thinking of going to a maid cafe, I’d recommend it. It was a blast!
- Squad pic with new con friends and Maid Lulu ^_^
Whether it’s League of Legends, Fortnite, Overwatch, Player’s Unknown, Call of Duty, or some type of fighting game, I can help you get out of a slump! c:
What exactly does “tilt” mean? Tilt was originally a poker term for being in an “overly emotional state where you make less than optimal decisions.” This can be cause by bad beats (poker hands you thought you were about to win, but got outplayed in the end) or failing a bluff. Nowadays, it can be applied to anything competitive against people.
- Listen to music. Lo-fi hip-hop, electro, or anything instrumental are my favorite so I don’t have the lyrics distracting me. If you are a complete music lover like me, I would describe that I would get “in the zone.”
- Go on Discord, Skype, League Chat, or another voice chat with friends. If you’re friends are good-natured, they can pick you off the ground if you’re feeling low. Connect with people!
- Relax and take more frequent breaks in between games. Sit in the lobby longer and don’t queue up right away. Breathe, my friend. Your mind tends to go on “auto-pilot” for extended gaming sessions.
- Play another game of a different genre. Look up the “Casual” and “Relaxing” tags for Steam games. I like playing simple puzzle games like Match-3. Bejeweled 3 actually has a mode called “Zen” where you basically unwind from stress and play to soothing music.
- Mindfulness and awareness. Acknowledge the fact you are on “tilt.” Admit you have a problem. Ok, that sounds like the Alcoholic Anonymous 12-Step Program, but you know what I mean, haha (Nothing wrong with recovery).
- Practice another one of your hobbies. Exercising, reading, gardening, drawing, and playing a musical instrument are totally good stress relieving activities!
- Listen up, this is sort of a big one and a hard pill to swallow. *Accept* that some games are out of your control, especially if it’s loot-based like Fortnite or Random Number Generated (RNG) like Hearthstone. Also, sometimes you just get queued up with bad-mannered or unskilled teammates. The chances are the equal for the other team to have bad teammates as you, believe it or not. At this point, I would distance myself, analyze the problem, and take a break. Sorry! The odds are sadly, aren’t in your favor </SubtleHungerGamesReference>
Keep keeping on, Gamers! I’m rooting for you guys. 😀
Fellow bloggers, how do *you* get out of tilt? Let me know and leave a comment!